Do you wish to expose a cold caller? Or maybe find out more about someone’s phone number? There are now lots of websites that do premium and free reverse phone number searches. Couple this with extensive public records and you can build a complete profile on anyone! We’ve reviewed 10 leading options, so you can find the best phone number lookup tool for you.
Read on to learn how to:
- Identify scammers and nuisance callers;
- Find out who your partner has been messaging;
- Locate lost friends and family members;
- Discover someone’s criminal past.
CocoFinder is a free and trusted application for performing background checks of any individual. It is operating across 50 cities in the USA and comes loaded with many other options, such as people search, address lookup, reverse phone lookup, etc.
- Background Check: CocoFinder’s background check option enables you to check any individual’s residential address, education, employment, and criminal history. It also lets you confirm whether the person is involved in any sexual misdemeanor or not, which further assures you of your safety.
- People Search: As the name states, this feature of CocoFinder bestows the facility to search for any individual across the US.
- Reverse Phone Lookup: CocoFinder’s reverse phone lookup functionality empowers you to get a detailed insight about any person via the contact number. You can even preview the individual’s photo and confirm social media accounts on searching.
- Address Lookup: The address lookup feature, like the phone lookup service, avails the opportunity to obtain accurate information about a resident of any location. This way, it enables one to verify whether any person claiming to be living at any specific address is residing there or not.
- Email Lookup: Email lookup entitles you to obtain a detailed report about any individual based on their email address. The tool lets you know the name, current address, and even age of the individual whose email address you have entered into the feed. And, in case you receive no searches, it indicates that the email is spam and you must block it at once.
Google Play Store: 4.3/5
App Store: 4.5/5
It starts with free charge. Besides, its services come at an extra price, and you will need to pay an extra $5 every month.
- It shows greater accuracy in terms of search results when you compare it with other similar services.
- It does offer many ways to search for information on a given individual.
- The databases of this platform are regularly updated.
- The user interface is very easy to use.
- The information it offers usually covers various fields.
- It takes a pretty long search time.
Spokeo is a search website that includes addresses, email, phone numbers from public records, and social media profiles. It collects personal information that is publicly available online.
- Algorithm-based Background Check: Spokeo has the edge over other background check companies because of the features it comes with packing. This algorithm allows the platform to search for data in real-time like:
- the ability of the platform to find information about people outside the U.S.
- a comprehensive social media network from which it collects data
- Criminal Records: When someone is charged with a crime in a U.S. court, it is a public event. Therefore, the record of this event is, a public record, and anyone can walk into the court and request a search for the files.
Spokeo has a trial plan which costs $0.95 for a week. Users also have the option of paying $19.95, $4.95, or $3.95 a month to access basic reports.
- Speed is fast. The length of time that a background check company takes to provide search results will depend on the technology that powers the search engine. Spokeo has a powerful search algorithm that goes through billions of public records to find a match.
- It’s affordable. Spokeo allows you to get the service for less than $20 a month when you prepay some months.
- It’s easy to use. With the name of the person of interest entered, the website will do the rest. It can search for persons living outside the U.S. – this is not a pro most background check companies can boast about.
- Individuals can opt-out of the service;
- Spokeo will appear on your billing statement
PeopleFinders is a Sacramento-based (California) public records search company. It’s one of the leading Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) providers for individual or corporate clients looking to get accurate insights into people and their whereabouts. Aside from that, full background checks, criminal record inspections, and reverse phone lookups are all available on PeopleFinders.
- Super-fast Search: It usually takes less than two minutes on PeopleFinders to search the basic details of a person.
- Impressive Web Design and Functionality: PeopleFinders is one of the senior background check agencies and intuitive content organization and fluidity of commands significantly improve each user experience.
Apple Store: 4.1/5
Google Play Store: 4.3/5
You can choose the trial options of $0.95 for 3 days of the standard plan and $1.95 for the premium plan. You can also join the membership for a standard report of $24.95 per month and a premium report of $29.95 per month.
- The hustle-free, in-depth, and super-fast search
- Well-branched one-off services, such as the PeopleFinders track phone search option
- Payment issues or have had double charges on their accounts.
- The PeopleFinders cancellation fee is difficult to find
Truecaller is a caller ID & spam blocking app with a relatively long history.
- Identify and block spam calls or SMS, search for unknown numbers, call and chat with friends.
- Avoid annoying spam calls & SMS
- Find names of any caller
- Powerful dialer
- Smart messaging
Pricing for Truecaller starts from $2.99 per month. The free version of the app (premium accounts cost $2.99 per month and $14.99 for six months) also has a host of advanced features.
Google Play Store: 4.5/5
Apple Store: 4.5/5
- Helps to show the caller information like her name, state location, and e-mail id if registered.
- Identifies if the number is spam or from commercial calls.
- Provides many features like blocking spam calls, blocking unknown numbers, and messages too.
- Shows you if someone viewed your profile.
- Web-version and application version available.
- There are lots of advertisements run whenever you use Truecaller and you need to purchase a membership to avoid ads.
- No call recording features are available yet.
YouMail, Inc. provides imaginative, intelligent, cloud-based telecommunication services. These include its app-based free service to block robocalls, and its premium call management services for people who use their mobile phones for the business.
- Find out who called or texted you by searching YouMail’s extensive database of millions of numbers with truly accurate caller ID.
- Identify and avoid potential scams by looking up numbers and seeing if they are running common scams.
- Avoid spam callers by searching unknown numbers to find out if they have a history of overly aggressive telemarketing, credit collection, or other robocallers.
- YouMail makes it easy to see caller information by simply entering a phone number. With the proprietary database, YouMail can track patterns, identify fraud or spam callers, and prevent telecommunications abuse.
- The reverse phone number lookup allows you to access that same data and search any number to discover who’s calling your phone.
- The application has deceptive price practices.
- Sometimes, the provided information turns out inaccurate such as a person’s address or alternative phone numbers.
Apple Store: 4.7/5
Google Play Store: 4.5/5
YouMail has 3 pricing editions, from $0 to $14.99. A free trial of YouMail is also available. Look at different pricing editions below and see what editions and features meet your budget and needs.
Whitepages was founded in 1997 to help small businesses and individuals contact people. The company’s headquarters are located in Seattle, Washington, US, and it has branches worldwide. White Pages provides a great deal of information about people, including Cell phone numbers, Background checks, Criminal records, Addresses, Relatives, Landline numbers, Age, Traffic records, Scam/fraud ratings, Financial records, Business details, Lien records, Email addresses, Professional licenses, Maiden names, Property details, Search statistics, and Carrier information.
- People Search: This service allows users to find data about people based on their full names and address.
- Reverse Phone Search: By entering a phone number into the search field, users can find out who is the person behind a certain phone number.
- Reverse Address Search: Whitepages reverse address search can reveal information about addresses from all across the U.S., like home values, registered sex offenders who live nearby, crime rates, and more residential information.
- Business Search: An advanced business search that allows users to find information about businesses, like their contact information, location, ratings, and more.
Whitepages on one hand provides free service and its premium service starts from $4.99 per month.
- Attract decision makers. Those with a handle on a company’s budget, and those who make strategic decisions for their organization are also likely to appreciate a fact-based, detailed report.
- Lead generation. Whitepages is seen by many consumers as “problem solvers.” Consumers are willing to share information because they are getting a solution in return.
- White paper content is recyclable. Repurposed content in the form of blog posts, infographics, and more can be used to help drive traffic to your white paper landing page.
- Users need to continually drive traffic to the landing page in order to demonstrate return on investment.
- Whitepages can be perceived as dry and boring.
- You need to speak your buyer’s language.
TruthFinder provides background check and phone lookup details. It is more like searching for anyone on Google. Because it just requires entering the name or phone number of a person and pulls off maximum details of the target. It provides an instant background check to the users by just requiring the target’s basic information like his name or phone number.
- People search: a quick people search that requires users to provide the first name, last name, city of residence, and state of residence of the person they are searching for. The search results reveal the said person’s middle name, address information, phone numbers, date of birth, occupation, names of relatives, etc.
- Background check: TruthFinder’s background check reports include the following information, according to the website: a full name; aliases; age and date of birth; social media profiles; photographs; financial assets; employment history; educational background; professional licenses.
- Criminal records search: With the first name, last name, city of residence, and state of residence of the person whose information you want to find entered, TruthFinder will provide you with a criminal records search report that includes the said person’s Misdemeanor Offenses, Felony Offenses, Court Information, Detailed Personal Information, Traffic Court Records, sex offenses, and more.
- Public records’ search: The information in such reports includes Address records, Arrest records, birth records, marriage records, Business ownership, Criminal records, Death certificates, Sex offender databases, and much more.
- Reverse address search: a search engine that allows users to find addresses across the country based on people’s phone numbers, names, or email addresses.
- Reverse phone lookup: a search engine that provides users with information about people who are calling them.
- Dark web search: A relatively new service provided by TruthFinder that allows users to keep track of their personal data and discover data breaches on the dark web.
The TruthFinder prices vary based on the subscription you choose, ranging from $4.99/month to $23.02/month.
US Search is a background check service (opens in a new tab) that exists so that consumers can access publicly available information in one place, all at the same time. With the help of other data brokers and technology, US Search aggregates information like addresses, phone numbers, criminal records, and some financial records that have been converted into digital form. All the information that can be found in US Search reports can be found through other means, whether it be in a public records house or online.
- The application provides a vast search engine to users, which requires them to add as minimum information as a person’s name, and then it starts lending details.
- It has the feature of a White page, which works as an advanced form of any typical phonebook. It provides information about a person’s name and the possibilities of how to contact them.
- Public record search can only provide specific details, but US Search provides a full record of any person. It just requires adding a person’s name to people’s search, and it will bring out his home address, education, and other data.
- If you want to access their names, ages, addresses, and phone numbers, just enter their name or phone number.
- The application can tell if a phone number is registered to any business site and provides the business details of the person and his financial state as well.
- If a person has any criminal record or any sex-offending history, the app would immediately show it.
- It has confusing price strategies that make people buy the wrong subscription according to their requirements.
The prices for all plans range from $1.45 to $39.95 per month.
Apple Store: 4.1/5
Google Play Store: 4.5/5
Spy Dialer is a free reverse lookup web-based service that anyone can use to look up a contact and personal information. You can use it to check phone numbers, physical addresses emails, and more information about unknown persons.
- Phone owner’s address search
Once you input the phone number of the target individual, start the search and let the app work. It will display the physical address of the person on your online dashboard. You will have the geographic and street location on your screen.
- Owner’s real name
Sometimes, the only information you have is a phone number. The search will display the real name on your screen.
- Search Statistics of the target
Before you meet someone new, you can know more about their interests by looking up their search statistics. The app will present a search statistics report. It will have the website addresses, brief info about the sites, and the frequency of visits.
- Investigate the business details of your target
The new neighbor has a steady stream of people coming and going to their offices. If you are wondering what business they are conducting, the search will display a comprehensive business report about the target.
- Financial Records
You are considering investing in a deal but are not too sure if you should take the plunge. Find out about the finances of the other parties. Investigate that they have the capital for their share and that you will get a refund if the deal fails.
- Scam and Fraud ratings of the target
Users can get information about the interviewees before you employ them. Make sure that they do not have lousy fraud ratings.
- Criminal Records
Knowing the criminal records of someone before they interact with your loved ones will let you feel safer. For instance, you will not hire a babysitter with a drug conviction.
- Relatives and close associates
Know the relatives of your target. Get to understand more about the people they interact with regularly. You may even decide to connect with them.
The top price of Spy Dialer’s premium is $29/month.
Apple Store: 4.3/5
Google Play Store: 4.5/5
- The app accesses cell phones, landlines, and VOIP and Google voice numbers.
- It will display info for prepaid and unlisted numbers.
- The main hiccup with phone number lookup is that searches using smartphones sometimes find it challenging to connect with the server.
- When you register with the service, you share your contact list. Your details are also accessible for searches from anyone else. If you are a private person, your information, unfortunately, is now available to whoever is curious.
RealCall provides information about a person’s name, phone numbers, residency details, business, and educational data. It also finds out the date of birth, age, and marital life of the target. The application is free of cost and provides details of the target through his name or phone number like a public search.
- Lookup: RealCall offers a rich and authentic database for you to see who it is; get more tips & tricks on the Fraud Prevention Academy. Learn how to stop spam calls and texts from reaching your smartphone.
- Realcall protection: the blocklist supports real-time updates, collecting millions of detected spam numbers and assisting you to block calls with an accuracy of up to 99%; important robocalls, like doctor appointments and school closings, are able to get through based on the Yellow Pages.
- Smart Assistant: AI Models help stay ahead of scammers before answering unknown calls with Scam Block technologies identifying; help you get revenge on all robocalls you don’t want to see anymore; automatically sends it to voicemail when you miss a call.
- Real SMS Protection: Custom blocking rules including specific keywords & numbers, number series; Fraud Awareness Building, with RealCall prevention and education and case studies
Google Play Store: 4.5/5
App Store: 4.5/5
RealCall is a free service, in principle. But the free version doesn’t include spam call blocking, so you need to upgrade to its Premium package if that’s your priority. That will cost you 1.49 US per month.
- If you provide the email address of the person, RealCall will identify the target’s other phone numbers, social media profiles, name, family, and educational background.
- When the user enters the address of the target, he will be provided with his home details like its selling price and its worth. The application also provides the record of former and current residents.
- The background check pulls off the target’s background history, such as his criminal records, court records, employment history, and educational institutes.
- It is free to use because it is a public search and hence, lacks many features.
- Sometimes, the provided data is insufficient or inaccurate.